You can easily embed content from Malcolm! into your existing website, app, product or online service with just a few lines of code.
Begin by going to the Share section of MyMalcolm and then select Embed.
We offer the following type of embeds:
- Floating Widget (with button and draw options) - this option floats a button or drawer “pre-expand” over your site, application, product or service - when clicked a content panel opens up
- Overlay / Pop Up - this opens an overlay / popup over whatever the user is currently seeing - it’s triggered by a link you can place wherever you want in your site, application, product or service
- Inline - pull content directly into the same pages/screens your users are seeing with this option - use blend mode for a truly seamless experience!
- Full Page - finally this option replaces your entire page content with Malcolm! content - this can be useful in certain scenarios, for example if you are using a CMS and want to totally replace the content with Malcolm! content on a container page you create.
In terms of the type of content you can embed options include:
- Hosted Hub results - paginated results showing the default filtered FAQs and Workflows as seen on your Hosted Hub homepage
- A single FAQ - your choice of FAQ
- A single Workflow - your choice of Workflow
- Author listing - paginated results showing FAQs from a particular author
- Category listing paginated results showing FAQs within a partiuclar category
- Filtered results paginated results showing FAQs and Workflows filtered by your choice of filter (eg most popular, most recent, most helpful etc)
- Search results (contextual) - paginated results showing FAQs and Workflows according to a search query provided via a meta tag on your page
- Search results (specified search query) - paginated results showing FAQs and Workflows according to a given search query
- Tag listing - paginated results showing FAQs referenced by particular tag
Note that if you just want to embed a single FAQ or Workflow you can also access a quick embed interface via the Library in both the FAQ and Workflow sections of MyMalcolm. Simply select "Embed" from the menu accessible on the right hand side of the respective published FAQ or Workflow.
You can configure various options around the visual stlye of your embed. The exact options available depend on the type of embed you have chosen.
When you have finished configuring the content and visual appearence of your embed, Malcolm! will give you the code that can be used to pull your content into your website, app, product or online service.
Watch a video guide to embeding Malcolm! content into your website below.